Friday 24 May 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness mini review #LiveLongAndProsper

There have been some really good films out at the moment and I have been to see a few! I will try to not say too many spoilers!!

Star Trek Into Darkness is a sequel to the 2009 Star Trek film starring Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto. I have not been a big fan of Star Trek, I remember that when I was younger it was on TV and I watched bits but I never really got into it. This sort of changed when a friend of mine got me to watch the 2009 film directed by JJ Abrams and I really rather enjoyed myself! And Chris Pine wasn't bad to look at too!
Anyway onto Into Darkness!
So this film opens with the crew of the USS Enterprise on a mission to prevent a volcano erupting and then I was a little distracted as Chris Pine and Karl Urban suddenly dove of a cliff to escape the natives and go back aboard the Enterprise which was at the bottom of the ocean. Cue music and the Enterprise rising from the ocean!!!
The main bulk shall we say of the movie revolves around the capture of a bad man played by Benedict Cumberbatch (A another reason to see this film!) I really enjoyed the first film and looked forward to this one and I was not disappointed! It was fast paced and full of action and the odd heart wrenching moments. I think the cast of this film are amazing; Chris Pine is a really epic Captain Kirk, a slightly different side to William Shatner, as for Zachary as Spock I really enjoy watching him I thought he was brilliant when he was in American Horror Story. How can I not mention Simon Pegg in this?! Simon Pegg is....Simon Pegg, if you haven't seen any of his work like Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz you must have been living under a rock! Pegg as Scotty is perfect casting as is Karl Urban as McCoy.
I saw the film in IMAX 3D which was in itself amazing, it felt like you were actually there! This is the sort of film 3D is made for!
This film, in my opinion, is great for Trekkies and non Trekkies alike. With through backs to previous films and episodes throughout and quirky dialogue mixed with action I can not recommend this film enough!

So, to try and intense you, here is the trailer!



ttfn

Megs
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment